Trust for Public Land
The Work // Negotiates land purchases and conservation easements with landowners, enters into contracts as the buyer, and works with partner agencies to secure necessary funding. Closes and conveys land to the ultimate steward, usually a town, state or federal agency, or land trust.
Recent Accomplishment // Negotiated with Lehman Brothers Holdings and coordinated the effort to raise $8.1 million in public and private funds to purchase “The Preserve,” a thousand-acre forest in Old Saybrook, Essex, and Westbrook, Connecticut—the last unprotected coastal forest of its size between New York City and Boston.
Outdoor Passion // Snowshoeing in fresh snow.
In Her Own Words // "Getting outside in the dead of a New England winter is exhilarating and the best antidote I know to the winter doldrums.”
More Profiles from "Call of the Wild" Series
- Ben Leoni, ATTORNEY, CURTIS THAXTER, LLC
- Veronica Warnock, CONSERVATION DIRECTOR
- Reggie Hall, DIRECTOR, LAND CONSERVATION LOAN PROGRAM
- Allison Buckley, NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER
- Mike O'Brien, ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL
- Megan Hooker, ASSOCIATE STEWARDSHIP DIRECTOR
- Stacy Tatman, ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS MANAGER
- Eliza Donoghue, NORTH WOODS POLICY ADVOCATE AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR
- Theresa Labriola, WEST COAST FISHERIES PROJECT DIRECTOR
- Kate Brown, PROJECT MANAGER, TRUST FOR PUBLIC LAND
- Cyndy Kozara, TRAIL PRESERVATION SPECIALIST