Race and the Law Symposium 2023 (Day 2)
9:45am - 2:15pm
Chase Community Center
The Black Law Students Association at Vermont Law and Graduate School invite you watch Day 2 of our annual Race and The Law Symposium! This symposium intertwined the tips and skills needed to secure employment post-grad and the factor race plays as a student of the law and as a practitioner. Race and The Law featured VLGS alumni and other Black professionals who shared their personalized experiences and how they paved the way for incoming lawyers to ensure they receive and ask for equitable opportunities.
(for Friday's schedule, click here)
Saturday, February 25
Breakfast will be provided: 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 am.
Panel Two: 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Life After Law School
- Lateef Munir JD’20, Legislative Legal Analyst
- Frederick Randall II JD’21/LLM’21, Energy & Environmental Law Associate McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC
- Ashli Taylor JD/MELP’21, Esq., Attorney at U.S. Air Force JAG Corps
- Melissa D. James JD’05, Esq., Associate at Wilson Elser LLP
- Greg Whitt, SHRM-SCP, Legal Recruitment Manager at Earthjustice
- Joshua D. Franklin, Esq. DAO, Blockchain & Securities Attorney, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
Lunch will be provided: 12 to 1:15 p.m.
Panel Three: 1:15 to 2:15 p.m.
- Natasha Dartigue, Public Defender for the State of Maryland
- Torend L. Collins JD/MELP’09, Regional Intergovernmental and External Affairs Specialist for Appalachia, Department of Energy
- Elijah Freeman JD’22, Attorney at Hogan Lovells
Short Closing Remarks with BLSA Board Member(s)
Questions? Concerns? Contact Black Law Students Association at Vermont Law and Graduate School at BLSA@vermontlaw.edu