In conjunction with the Alumni Office, the Office of Career Services provides career-related support to alumni, including individual career strategy sessions and application review.
To schedule a phone or in-person appointment, call 802-831-1243. Our online database Symplicity, lists jobs for recent graduates, and the Vermont Law School Alumni group on LinkedIn has job listings for alumni with more experience.
We urge you to sign up for the vlsConnect Job Board, which is an exclusive job search resource for Vermont Law School alumni. Whether you are starting your career or looking to make a change, the Job Board is designed for law school alumni at any career stage. Ready to post a position or search for a job? Get started now.
Unofficial Transcripts: To request a PDF copy of your unofficial transcript for job applications, log into VLSConnect (see above) and complete the transcript request form. You will receive the PDF through your VLSConnect email address.
Official Transcripts: To request an official transcript, go to GetMyTranscript.org and then click on "Order-Track-Verify" to place your order. The fee is $5.00 per transcript, plus charges if expedited shipping is requested.
Many law schools provide access to their career resources for students and graduates from other law schools that agree to provide similar services. This agreement is called reciprocity.
For VLS Graduates: If you are seeking a reciprocity agreement with a law school outside of Vermont in order to access geographic-specific career resources, please note that each law school has its own reciprocity requirements. If you are interested in requesting reciprocity with another law school, please review that law school's reciprocity requirements, and then email Shelly Parker to start the process.
For Non-VLS Graduates: The Office of Career Services provides access to its resources to students and alumni of law schools other than VLS as follows:
- Services are limited to students and alumni of those schools that allow VLS students and alumni to use their career services facilities.
- Requests for services must be made in advance, in writing, by a career services officer.
- Services will be unavailable during the fall interview season.
- Available services include: current vacancy announcements, access to library resources, and limited counseling—based on staff availability.
- Unavailable services include: mail-merge services and access to the on-campus interviewing process.
- All reciprocity decisions will be made on an individual basis, and the Director reserves the right to cancel the reciprocity privileges of any individual.
- For more information, contact Shelly Parker at 802-831-1249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.