These instructions are for accessing the VermontLaw protected wireless network. This network allows access to VLS resources such as network printers and shared folders.
Windows 8 & 10
The directions for connecting to VermontLaw with Windows 7 are quite lengthy. If you have any difficulty, please visit the VLS IT Office.
- Click the Start button (Windows Icon)
- Search for Manage Wireless Networks, hit enter, click Add
- Click Manually create a network profile
- Enter the following information:
- Network name: VermontLaw
- Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES
- Leave Security Key blank
- Click Next
- Click Change connection settings
- Click the Security tab then click Settings
- Uncheck Validate server certificate then click Configure…
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password
- Click OK
- Click the Advanced Settings button
- Put a checkmark in the box Specify authentication mode
- Ensure that the authentication mode is set to User or computer authentication
- Click OK then click OK again then click Close
- You should see a bubble appear with Additional information is needed to connect to VLS
- Click the bubble and enter your VLS username and password
- Wait for the network to fully connect. This may take a minute or two
Apple OS X
- Click the Airport icon.
- Select VermontLaw from the drop down menu
- Enter your VLS username and password to gain access to the Vermont Law School wireless network.
- An "Authenticating to network VermontLaw" certificate verification window may pop up. Click Continue to proceed.
- You may need to enter your admin credentials.
VLS-Guest Wireless Access (a 24 hour pass)
These instructions are for accessing the VLS-Guest wireless network. This is not a protected wireless network. This network will not allow access to VLS resources such as network printers and shared folders.
- Click your network icon and select VLS-Guest
- Once connected, launch a web browser.
- The web browser will automatically be re-directed to the VLS Wireless Guest Access Portal.
- Check the box indicating you agree to the terms then click "Agree".
- The "Success" message will be displayed and the web browser will complete the registration process. This process should take about 15 seconds.
You will need to close and reopen the web browser to connect to VLS-Guest wireless.