Questions? Conerns? Please, always feel free to
For New Students
To be eligible for financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
VLS recommends that you complete the FAFSA by April 1st of the year you plan to enroll, at the same time you are completing your admissions application.
Vermont Law School’s FAFSA code is G11934.
To be considered for federal financial aid, a student must:
- be enrolled at least half-time and be making satisfactory progress in the JD, Masters or LLM program;
- be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen (see FAFSA instructions for definition of eligible non-citizen);
- not be in default on a previous federal loan or owe a refund on federal financial aid received in the past;
- be registered with the Selective Service (if applicable).
Financial aid is granted annually and awards are subject to student eligibility, availability of funding and program limits. A new FAFSA application must be completed each year. To obtain more information on any financial aid programs, please call the Financial Aid Office toll-free 1-800-227-1395 ext. 3 or email us at email@example.com.
For Returning Students
If you plan to apply for financial aid for the upcoming year, please remember financial aid is granted annually and awards are subject to student eligibility, availability of funding and program limits and that a new FAFSA application must be completed each year.
FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
- Completed by all students applying for federal aid (Stafford/GradPLUS/Perkins Loans/WorkStudy).
- Applications can be completed online at FAFSFA’s website: www.fafsa.ed.gov. Click on “Fill out a FAFSA”
- School code G11934, Vermont Law School, South Royalton, VT.
- You may complete a Renewal FAFSA online if you completed a FAFSA for the 2013-14 year. First time applicants will receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the U.S. Department of Education http://www.pin.ed.gov. Please keep this PIN accessible for next year’s application.
Please complete student and parent tax returns prior to completing the FAFSA form. Once you have been admitted to Vermont Law School and your applications have been completed with actual tax information, we will be able to prepare a financial aid award for you.
- Instructions for application and entrance interview requirements will be included with your award letter once you have been accepted.