Connecting your personal computer to printers at Vermont Law School.
Your computer must be connected to the VermontLaw WiFi network.
Windows 7 & 8
In Windows Explorer, type: \\print1
- When prompted for your VLS login, log on:
- like this → vls\yourusername
- then enter your password.
- Right+click each printer you wish to connect to, and click Connect.
- Drivers should download automatically.
- A message may pop up asking, “Do you trust this Printer?”
- Click Install driver to continue.
- The printer will appear as an printer in Devices and Printers.
When you browse to \\print1, you will see a list of all campus printers. This might come in handy if you work for a VLS Department such as one of the Clinics.
Apple OS X
- Determine which printer you need.
- Click on Apple icon and go to System Preferences.
- Select Print & Scan and click the + icon to add.
- Click the IP tab
Enter the following settings:
- Protocol - Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- Address - PRINT1
- Queue - Enter name exactly as it appears (including underscores) on reference grid above.
- Name - Enter the same name as Queue Name
- Location - Location example: Chase Computer Lab
- Print Using - Generic PostScript Printer
- Click Add
- Click box for Duplex Printing Unit
- Click Continue
Apple computers cannot browse to \\print1. If you are an Apple user, and need to connect to a VLS Departmental printer, please contact the VLS Help Desk.