JD, University of Minnesota, 1994;
MA, University of Minnesota, 1994;
BA, Yale University, 1984
Awards and Affiliations
Teaching at VLS:
- Professor at Vermont Law School since 1996.
- Visiting Professor, Université de Paris 13, Faculté de Droit/ University of Paris, Law Faculty (March 2007, March 2008).
- Visiting Professor, Université Nationale du Rwanda, Faculté de Droit/ National University of Rwanda, Law Faculty, Butare, Rwanda (Spring, 2003).
- Visiting Professor, Petrozavodsk State University, Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia, Russia (Spring, 2003).
Leadership and Service:
- Cochair, Health Law Committee of the Vermont Bar Association.
- Member, Legal Writing Institute (LWI).
- Member, Association of American Law School (AALS) Section on Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing.
- Vice President of Board of Directors and Member of Executive Committee, Chair of Governance Committee, Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice of Vermont and New Hampshire.
- Member, Board of Directors and Chair, Development and Marketing Committee, Upper Valley Teacher Institute.
- Consultant, Dartmouth Center for Environmental Health Sciences.
- Member, Vermont Initiative Against Lead Poisoning.
- Member, LWI Bylaws Revision Committee.
- Member, AALS Annual Meeting Poster Committee.
- Assistant Editor, Legal Writing, the Journal of the Legal Writing Institute.
- Advisory Committee, Second Edition, ALWD Citation Manual.
- Member, Board of Directors, Thetford (VT) Youth Sports Board.
- Fluent in French; familiar with Spanish, Italian, and German.
- Consultant, 1988-90; conducted feasibility study and drafted fund-raising and strategic plans for adolescent health center, evaluated nursing case management study, researched and wrote articles for industry health care publication.