JD, University of Minnesota, 1994;
MA, University of Minnesota, 1994;
BA, Yale University, 1984
- "Framing Climate Change Harms in Human Rights Terms," National Association of Environmental Law Societies 2008 Conference, Picking Up the Pieces (March 2008).
- Moderator, "U.S. Law and Climate Change," Vermont Journal of Environmental Law and Vermont Law Review 2008 Symposium, Confronting Global Climate Change: Using the Law to Protect Future Generations (February 2008).
- "Incorporating Real World Legal Problems in Law School: Using Problem-Based Service Learning in the Legal Writing Classroom," Regional Conference of the New England Consortium of Legal Writing Teachers (December 2007).
- "Our Climate Legacy," Gruter Institute for Law and Behavioral Research Annual Meeting (May 2007).
- "State-Based Health Reforms in New England," Hamline University School of Law's Journal of Public Law and Policy Symposium, Laboratories of Democracy? Innovations in Health Law and Policy at the State Level (March 2007).
- "What's Happening in Darfur?," BLSA's Black History Month Speaker Series (February 2007).
- Introduction and Panel Moderator, 2006-07 Vermont Law Review Symposium, "Good for What Ails You? A Legal, Ethical, and Policy Review of State-Based Health Care Reforms in New England" (November 2006).
- "Bringing Legal Writing 'Out of the Box' and Into the Mainstream: A Marriage of Doctrinal Subject Matter & Legal Writing Doctrine," Legal Writing Institute Biennial Conference, Atlanta, Georgia (June 2006).
- "LRW Professors on the Move across the Globe," Legal Writing Institute Biennial Conference, Atlanta, Georgia (June 2006).
- "The Potential for Digital Institutions in Post-Genocide Rwanda," Working Conference on Digital Institutions, Gruter Institute for Law and Behavioral Research/Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School (May 2006).
- "Gacaca: Retribution and Reconciliation in Rwanda," Solutions Conference, Vermont Law School (April 2006).
- "The Rwandan Genocide: From 'Never Again' to 'Mostly in a Listening Mode'," Solutions Conference, Vermont Law School (April 2006).
- Panelist, "Health Care Issues," Snelling Center for Government Collaboration between VLS and the Vermont Legislature (December 2005).
- "Health Law and Reproductive Medicine," University of Vermont College of Medicine (November 2005).
- "Pollution's Progeny: The Impact of Environmental Toxins on Our Reproductive Health," Vermont Law School (April 2005).
- "The Terri Schiavo Case," Dartmouth Ethics Institute (April 2005).
- "The Law of Abortion," at Choice in 2004: "Exploring Our Belief Systems", Dartmouth Medical School (November 2004).
- "Learning Disabilities and Legal Writing: Challenging Us to Teach to All Students," Legal Writing Institute Biennial Conference, Knoxville, Tennessee (May 2002).
- Panelist, "Is An Ounce Enough: The Legal and Policy Implications of Disease Screening, Prevention, and Health Maintenance Strategies," Dartmouth Community Medical School (April 2001).
- Moderator, "Tribal Courts in the New Millennium: Challenges and Opportunities for the Third Sovereign," VLS Native American Law Society (March 2001).
- "Second Language Education in Elementary Schools," Thetford (VT) School Board Community Forum (October 2000).
- "Practice Before the International Court of Justice," Model United Nations of Colchester (VT) High School (1997 and 1998).
- "Health Law Resources on the Web, Health Law Committee of VBA," Vermont Bar Association Annual Meeting (1998).