Patrick A. Parenteau
LLM, environmental law, George Washington University, 1975;
JD, Creighton University, Omaha, NE, 1972;
BS, business administration, Regis College, Denver, CO, 1969
Phone: (802) 831-1305
- "Restoring the Clean Water Act," River Rally Baltimore, Md., May 29, 2009.
- "How to Teach Climate Change," Natural Resources Law Professors Institute, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Yellowstone National Park, May 29, 2009.
- "Climate Change in the Courtroom," Guest Lecture ENVS 20, Dartmouth, April 24, 2009.
- "Life after Rapanos," Federalist Society, Boston, MA, March 26, 2009.
- "Climate Change: A Crisis for Democracy," ILLEAD Lecture Series, Dartmouth, October 28, 2008.
- "Meltdown: Can Law Save the Arctic?" Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, October 21, 2008.
- "Ecosystem Effects of Climate Change," Massachusetts School of Law, Andover, MA, October 11, 2008.
- "The Role of State and Local Planning in Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation," Windham County Regional Planning Commission, Brattleboro, VT, September 30, 2008.
- "Is It Just Me or Is It Getting Hot in Here?" ABA Mid-Year Meeting, Clean Air Panel, Phoenix, Az., September 19, 2008.
- "Wetlands and Climate Change," Association of State Wetlands Managers Annual Meeting, Portland, Oregon, September 16, 2008.
- "Clean Water Act Jurisdiction After Rapanos," The Federalist Society, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C., September 6, 2007.
- "Clean Water Act Developments," Environmental Law in New England, ABA/ALI, Boston, May 8, 2007.
- "Sue the Bastards!" Public Interest Environmental Law Conference, U. of Florida, Gainsville, March 2, 2007.
- "Assault on the ESA," The Society of Environmental Journalists, Burlington, VT, October 2006.
- "Clean Water Act Jurisdiction," Easter Water Law Conference, ABA/ALI Miami, May 11, 2006.
- "Implications of Miccosukee," ABA National Telecast, June 13, 2004.
- "Clean Water Act Jurisdiction After SWANCC," The Federalist Society, National Press Club, Washington D.C., February 2004.
- "Watershed Protection," International Environmental Law Summer School, Petrozavodsk State University, Karelia, May 2002.
- " The Public Trust Doctrine as a Background Principle of Property Law," Symposium on the Palazzolo Case, Boston College Law School, March 2002.
- Testified before the Senate Agriculture Committee, HR1904 The Healthy Forest Restoration Act, June, 2003.
- Testified before the House Regulatory Reform Committee, Oversight Hearing on the SWANCC Decision, September, 2002.
- "Survival of the Fittest: Litigating the Endangered Species Act," Symposium on Citizen Suits, Widener University Law School, April 2003.
- "Practicing What We Preach: A Critical Review of the Bush Environmental Record," Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Natural Resources Law Professors Institute, June 2003.
- "The Rights of Critters," Society for Environmental Journalists Annual Meeting, October 2003.
- "No Such Thing as an Isolated Wetland," Symposium on the Thirtieth Anniversary of the Clean Water Act, Lewis and Clark Law School, October 2002.
- "Comparative Analysis of American and Russian Forestry Practice Laws," for Environmental Law Summer School, Petrozavodsk State University, Karelia, Russia, 2000.
- "Wilderness Preservation," The Arthur Carhart Center, Seattle, 2000.
- "The Wilderness Act in Action," Federal Land Managers Training Program, Seattle, 2000.
- "Forestry Law," Presentation to the Duma of the Republic of Karelia, Russia, 1999.
- "The Politics of Extinction," Symposium on Endangered Species and Private Property Rights, William and Mary Law School, 1998.
- "The Future of the Endangered Species Act," Symposium at the Cornell Law School, 1998.
- Presentations to the Cuban Ministry of Environment and University of Havana School of Law, 1995.