LLM, Harvard Law School, 2005;
JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2002;
BA, Georgetown University, 1998
Books and Chapters
Using Social Psychology to Evaluate Race and Law in Sports in REVERSING FIELD: EXAMINING COMMERCIALIZATION, LABOR, GENDER, AND RACE IN THE 21ST CENTURY (edited by André D.P. Cummings & Anne Marie Lofaso) (West Virginia University Press, forthcoming, 2010).
Law Review Articles
- An Antitrust Analysis of the Bowl Championship Series, 52 BOSTON COLLEGE LAW REVIEW __ (forthcoming, 2011)
- American Needle v. NFL: An Opportunity to Reshape Sports Law, 119 YALE LAW JOURNAL 726 (2010)
- The NBA and the Single Entity Defense: A Better Case?, 1 HARVARD JOURNAL OF SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT LAW 40 (2010)
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor and the Relationship between Leagues and Players: Insights and Implications, 42 CONNECTICUT LAW REVIEW 901 (2010)
- Situationist Torts 41 LOYOLA LOS ANGELES LAW REVIEW 1347 (with Jon Hanson, 2008)
- It’s Not About the Money: The Role of Preferences, Cognitive Biases and Heuristics Among Professional
- Athletes BROOKLYN LAW REVIEW 1459 (2006)
- Legality of Age Restrictions in the NBA and NFL, 56 CASE WESTERN RESERVE LAW REVIEW 731 (with Joseph Rosen, 2006)
- The Reckless Pursuit of Dominion: A Situational Analysis of the NBA and Diminishing Player Autonomy 8 UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA JOURNAL OF LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT LAW
- Social Psychology, Calamities, and Sports Law, 42 WILLAMETTE LAW REVIEW 585 (2006)
- Dietary Supplement Labeling: Cognitive Biases, Market Manipulation & Consumer Choice BOSTON UNIVERSITY AMERICAN JOURNAL OF LAW AND MEDICINE 215 (2005)
- Economic Efficiency and Consumer Choice Theory in Nutritional Labeling 2004 WISCONSIN LAW REVIEW 1161 (2004)
- Illegal Defense: The Irrational Economics of Banning High School Players from the NBA Draft, 3
- Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal 113 (2004)
- Resolving Physician-Patient E-mail through Contract Law, 5 YALE JOURNAL OF LAW AND TECHNOLOGY 02 (2003)
- A Vote Cast; A Vote Counted: Quantifying Voting Rights through Proportional Representation in
- Congressional Elections, 12 KANSAS JOURNAL OF LAW AND PUBLIC POLICY 191 (2002)
- National Missile Defense: Legal & Policy Justifications for Expanding Deterrence & Preventing War in the 21st Century 3 SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL LAW JOURNAL 207 (2002)
Sports Law on SI.com
- Isiah Thomas Fallout: Jury Decides Against Thomas, MSG, SportsIllustrated.com (Oct. 2, 2007).
- NFL's Retirement System Raises more Questions than Answers, SportsIllustrated.com (Sept. 18, 2007).
- What’s Next for Michael Vick after Guilty Plea?, SportsIllustrated.com (Aug. 27, 2007).
- Michael Vick’s Future Still Up in the Air, SportsIllustrated.com (Aug. 24, 2007).
- Yi Jianlian's Age, NBA Employment, and Immigration Law (with J. Chung), Sports Law Blog (June 14, 2007).
- Hoyas, Hos and Gangstas (with Jon Hanson), The Situationist (April 12, 2007)
- Cedric Maxwell's Sexist Comments about NBA Referee Violet Palmer, Sports Law Blog (Feb. 28, 2007).
- Black History is Now (with Jon Hanson), The Situationist (Feb. 14, 2007).
- Tort Law and Social Psychology in Violent Videogames, The Situationist (Jan. 25, 2007).
- The Psychopathology of Athlete Worship (Op-Ed, with Jon Hanson), Providence Journal (Aug. 24, 2006).
- Privacy Laws and Psychological Testing of Prospective NBA Draft Picks, Sports Law Blog (June 12, 2006).
- Racism Among College Football Coaches (Op-Ed), Harvard Law Record 1 (Nov. 11, 2005).
- The Inverse Relationship Between Education Level and Arrest Propensity Among NBA Players (empirical study of arrested NBA players), Sports Law Blog (July 20, 2005).
- Comparing Legal, Economic, and Legislative Approaches to Nutritional Labeling of Fast Food Labeling (Feature Article) 3 Update Magazine (Food and Drug Law Institute) 1 (Jan./Feb. 2005).
- Take NBA’s Money Now, Go to College Later (Op-Ed) 7 Sports Business Journal 22 (May 11, 2004).