JD, Harvard Law School, 1978;
BA, Middlebury College, 1975
Awards and Affiliations
- 2008: National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners Committee on Energy Resources & the Environment: "Kilmarx Award for Contributions to Good Government, Clean Energy and the Environment"
- 2003: John F. Kennedy School of Government: Innovations in American Government Award to Vermont Public Service Board and "Efficiency Vermont"
(One of 5 awards selected from 1,500 nominees: $100,000 grant to publicize and replicate the program).
- 1982: U.S. EPA Bronze Medal: "For outstanding service to the protection of human health and the environment in development and implementation of regulations governing the incineration of hazardous wastes."
Leadership and Service:
- Board of Directors, Vermont Energy Investment Corporation ("Efficiency Vermont") 2008 - present.
- Board of Directors, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy 2006-2011.
- Board of Directors, Electric Power Research Institute 2007-2011.
- Chair, Vermont Public Service Board 1999-2005.
- President, New England Conference of Public Utilities Commissioners 2001-2002.
- Board of Directors, National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners 2003-2005.
- NARUC Committee on Energy Resources and the Environment 2003-2005.
- Board of Directors, Electricity Innovation Institute 2002-2004.
- Moderator, East Montpelier, VT: Town and School Meeting 2006- present.
- Senior VP, General Counsel, and Management Partner, Riser Management 1995-1999.
- General Counsel and staff positions Vermont Public Service Board 1984-1995.
- Attorney: Appellate Litigation, US Environmental Protection Agency 1979-1984.
- Law Clerk, Honorable Catherine Kelly, District of Columbia Court of Appeals 1978-1979.