L. Kinvin Wroth
LLB, Harvard University, 1960;
BA, Yale University, 1954
Coeditor, with Hiller B. Zobel, Legal Papers of John Adams, 3 vols., Harvard, 1965; paper, Atheneum, 1968.
Coauthor, with Richard H. Field and Vincent L. McKusick, Maine Civil Practice, 2d edition, 2 vols., West, 1970, and 1972, 1974, 1977, and 1981 Supplements (with Charles A. Harvey, Jr., and Raymond G. McGuire).
Editor-in-chief, Province in Rebellion: A Documentary History of the Founding of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1774-1775, book and microfiche, Harvard, 1975.
- Introduction, Joint McGill-Vermont Law School Workshop Water, 34 Vt. L. Rev. ___ (2010), on line at http://www.vjel.org/docs/Wroth_Intro_Draft.pdf.
- Article, "Common Law: United States Law," in 2 S. Katz, ed., Oxford International Encyclopedia of Legal History 82-85 (Oxford University Press, 2009).
- Article, "Common Law: United States Law," published in Stanley N. Katz, ed., The Oxford International Encyclopedia of Legal History, 2:82-85 (Oxford University Press, 2009).
- Election 2004: Will We See Florida Redux? National Law Journal (Nov. 1, 2004).
- Thoughts on Decanal Recidivism, in Leadership in Legal Education Symposium II, 33 U. Tol. L. Rev. 269 (2001).
- Election 2000: The Disease and the Cure, 27 Vt. B.J. 53 (2001), 16 Loquitur 2, 10-13 (2001).
- The Silver Oar and More: Henry J. Bourguignon as Legal Historian, 31 U. Tol. L. Rev. 185 (2000).
- "American Federalism, the Separation of Powers, and American Environmental Law," in Proceedings of the International Summer Forest Environmental Law School, at 3–24 (2000).
- Quebec, Canada, and the First Nations: The Problem of Secession, 23 Vt. L. Rev. 709 (1999).
- Notes for a Comparative Study of the Origins of Federalism in the United States and Canada, 15 Ariz. J. Int'l & Comp. L. 93 (1998).
- Inaugural Address: The Law as a Public Profession, 21 Vt. L. Rev. 375 (1996).
- Justice Godfrey and the Rules, 47 Me. L. Rev. 305 (1995).
- The Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts and the Eastern Circuit, 1760-1820, 1993 Supr. Jud. Court Annual Report 55 (1994)
- With Hugh Calkins, Comment, Good News and Bad News: A Three-Year Progress Report on Implementation of the Legal Needs Study, 8 Me. B.J. 196 (1993).
- Vincent L. McKusick and the Maine Rules of Civil Procedure: A Thirty-five Year Perspective, 43 Me. L. Rev. 389 (1991).
- Pluralism and Uniformity in the Common Law Legal Tradition, 37 U. New Brunswick L.J. 76 (1988).
- The Constitution and the Common Law: The Original Intent about the Original Intent, 22 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 553 (1988).
- The Federal Rules of Evidence in the States: A Ten-Year Perspective, 30 Vill. L. Rev. 1315 (1985).
- Documents of the Colonial Conflict: Sources for the Legal History of the American Revolution, 69 L. Libr. J. 277 (1976).
- Possible Kingdoms: The New England Town from the Perspective of Legal History, 15 Am. J. Legal Hist. 318 (1971).
- Federal Power as a Limit upon State Control of Marine Resources, 4 Me. L. Affecting Marine Resources 843 (1970).
- With Hiller B. Zobel, The Boston Massacre, 55 A.B.A. J. 329 (1969).
- 1967 Amendments to the Maine Rules of Civil Procedure, 20 Me. L. Rev. 49 (1968).
- The Massachusetts Vice Admiralty Court and the Federal Admiralty Jurisdiction, 6 Am. J. Legal Hist. 250 (1962) and in Law and Authority In Colonial America 32 (G. Billias ed. 1965).
- Election Contests and the Electoral Vote, 65 Dick. L. Rev. 321 (1961).
- "Wroth on Vermont Rules of Professional Conduct" in LexisNexis Emerging Issues Analysis, 2009 Emerging Issues 4536 (November 2009), available online.
- Vermont Rules of Professional Conduct, amendments to conform to 2002-2003 amendments of ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct, circulated for public comment, March 4, 2005; recommended to Supreme Court with revisions, January 2008; promulgated June 17, effective Sept. 1, 2009. Available online and in hard copy, Vt. Stat. Ann., 2009.
- Vermont by Design: Next Steps, report of the Land Use Institute's February 2006 conference, with an implementation plan for the conference recommendations, published and distributed in August 2006. See http://www.vjel.org/books/PUBS10002.html.
- Annual Reports of the Vermont Supreme Court’s Advisory Committees on Rules of Civil and Criminal Procedure and Rules for Family Proceedings, with proposed amendments and Reporter’s Notes, September 2002–04 (October 2005).
- Vermont Rules for Environmental Court Proceedings and Reporter’s Notes, promulgated by the Supreme Court in December 2004, effective January 31, 2005.
- Proposed Amendments to the Vermont Rules of Professional Conduct and Reporter’s Notes, circulated to the bar for comment, March 2005. Revisions in progress.
- Draft Legislation (co-drafter), Designation of Opportunity Zones, Master Plan Permitting, submitted to Vermont Legislature’s Working Group on Growth Centers, November 2005.
- Op-eds on Vermont judicial retention published in Burlington Free Press, Rutland Herald, and Valley News, calling for retention of all four VT Supreme Court justices, March 2005.
- Election 2004: Who's Counting? (2004) (unpublished work on file with author).
- "Dr. Roark and the Daily Bugle: A Mediation Exercise for Torts," in L. Riskin Et Al., Instructors' Manual for Dispute Resolution and Lawyers 449, (West Group 1998).
- Biographical sketches of Robert Auchmuty, Benjamin Chew, Wyseman Clagett, Jeremiah Gridley, Charles Hamlin, Samuel Quincy, Chambers Russell, David Sewall, Stephen Sewall, and William Tudor, in American National Biography (Oxford University Press, 1998).
- "Legal Education," in Advising For Study In The United States: A Manual For Educational Advising Professionals (The College Board 1998).
- "Common Law (Anglo-American)," in 1 Encyclopedia of the American Constitution 332 (L. Levy et al. eds., Macmillan 1986).
- "Rule of Law," in 3 Encyclopedia of the American Constitution 1613 (L. Levy et al. eds., Macmillan 1986).
- Reporter, Vermont Rules of Civil (1971), Appellate (1971), and Criminal (1974) Procedure; Evidence (with J. Dooley 1983); Code of Judicial Conduct (1994), and Rules for Environmental Court Proceedings (2005).