David B. Firestone
JD, Harvard University, 1969;
BS, Wayne State University, 1965
Awards and Affiliations
Teaching at VLS:
- Professor at Vermont Law School since 1973.
Leadership and Service:
- Advisor to Barnard Planning Commision with respect to Town Plan and Zoning Ordinance Revisons, 2011
- Representative of town of Barnard, VT, to the Upper Valley Joint Municipal Survey Committee concerning the establishment of a regional waste disposal and recycling program, 1991.
- Member, Vermont Supreme Court four-year clerkship study committee, 1990.
- Advisor to Municipalities and NGOs in Japan concerning environmental issues related to the U.S. military on Okinawa, 2009 - 2011
- Consultant to Ashesi University, Accra, Ghana, about adding legal education to the Ashesi program, 2008.
- World Bank consultant, environmental law and judicial reform issues, 2003.
- Fulbright Senior Specialist, 2002–03.
- Participant in establishing the Environmental Law Center at the State University of Petrozavodsk in Karelia, Russia, 2000.
- Visiting Fellow, Faculty of Laws, King's College, London, 1986–87, international and comparative environmental law.
- Lecturer on environmental law, New York University School of Continuing Education, 1978–85.