Arthur C. Edersheim
JD, Cornell Law School, 1991;
PhD candidate, Brandeis University, 1979–84;
MA, Boston College, 1978;
BA, Boston College, 1975
- Vermont State Conference on Migrant Farmworkers, Middlebury, Vermont, April 24, 2010
- "Overview of Immigration Law” (Plenary)
- “Legal Issues affecting farmers and farm workers” (Workshop)
- “I-9 Compliance” (Workshop)
- Training workshop on “Immigration Remedies for Battered Immigrants” for Clarina Howard Nichols Center, Morrisville, Vermont, February 23, 2010
- Immigration and Enforcement workshops for Dairy and Agricultural Producers;
- Middlebury, Vermont, February 4, 2010
- St. Albans, Vermont, February 4, 2010
- Newport, Vermont, February 5, 2010
- Presentation at Justice for Children Conference on “Navigating the Legal Impact of Immigration Law for Children and Families”, Montpelier, Vermont, October 28, 2009
- Training workshop for volunteers for migrant workers in Vermont on “Legal Rights of Migrant Workers and Legal Liabilities of Volunteers”, Morrisville, Vermont, October 22, 2009
- Presentation at Working with Survivors of Torture Conference on “ Other Immigration Remedies”, Burlington, Vermont, September 24, 2009
- "Immigration Remedies for Battered Immigrants under the Violence Against Women Act"
Training for Rutland County Women's Network and Shelter. Rutland, Vt., May 2009
- "Immigration Law Solutions for Immigrant Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence"
Training for Court Advocates Task Force. Randolph, Vt., March 2009
- "Immigration and National Security" (panelist). Vermont Law Review Symposium.
Vermont Law School.
- Domestic Violence and Immigration Law (presenter). Windsor County, Vermont, Domestic Violence Task Force. White River Junction, Vermont. September, 2008.
- Domestic Violence Advocate training on "Protections Under The Violence Against Women Act" at Women Helping Battered Women, Burlington, Vermont, on August 19, 2008.
- Lecturer on "Immigration Issues Today" for the St. Paul Church of White River Junction (2008). Presenter at Constitutional reading group for Peace and Justice Center on Equal Protection, Brown v. Board of Education and Immigration Law (2008).
- Presenter, "Immigration Problems and Solutions," to the Hanover, NH League of Women Voters (2007).
- Presenter, "Expanding Our Reach – Working with Underserved Communities for the Tri-State Conference (Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine), with Gail Pendleton (ASISTA) and Sue Roach (Maine's Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project) at Portland, Maine (2007).
- Panelist on US Immigration Policy for the Windham Vermont League of Women Voters (2007).
- Presenter at training on the Basics of Immigration Law for domestic and sexual violence advocates (2007).
- Presenter at training on Adjustment of Status applications held for the Association of Africans Living in Vermont (2007).
- Presenter on "Immigration Post 9/11: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties at Risk" given to the University of Vermont's Center for Cultural Pluralism (2006).
- Lecturer, Hanover League of Women Voters on "Immigration Reform: Public Policy or Political Posturing" (2006).
- Co-organizer and presenter at conference: "Exploring the Rule of Expert Witnesses in Domestic and Sexual Violence Cases" (2006).
- Co-organizer and presenter at pro bono attorney training for Relief from Abuse hearings and family law at the Vermont Bar Association conference (2005).
- Presenter at Vermont Victim Assistance Academy annual training on "Recognizing, Reframing, and Responding to Domestic and Sexual Violence and Child Abuse" (2003, 2004, 2005).
- Appeared on WCAX-TV Across the Fence program on domestic violence issues (2005).
- Presenter on "Representing Battered Immigrants" to Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) unit of Vermont Service Center (2004).
- Presenter on the immigration consequences of domestic violence at the Second Annual Northern New England Conference on Refugee Health, Burlington, VT (2003).
- Training on the legal aspects of domestic violence for the Vermont Family Court Project (2001).
- Co-organizer, training on civil and criminal law in domestic violence cases for Vermont advocates and attorneys, Vermont Network Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (2000).
- Co-organizer and presenter, "Exploring the Dynamics of Domestic Violence and Its Effects on Children," Guardian Ad Litem Conference (2000).
- Co-organizer, "Year 2000 Symposium on Domestic Violence in Vermont Family Courts" (2000).