VLS in the News
Weeks of Sept. 19-26
September 30, 2011
- The Valley News carried an op-ed Oct. 2 by Professor Cheryl Hanna about the possible outcomes of the trial between Entergy and the state of Vermont over the future of the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Oct. 2 on the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Clinic's role in monitoring the largest coal-waste disposal site east of the Mississippi River.
- The Burlington Free Press quoted Associate Professor Jennifer Taub in a Sept. 30 story about Citibank's Burlington Telecom federal lawsuit alleging fraud and breach of contract.
- VTDigger ran an op-ed Sept. 30 byJames Maroney '12 about the Action Plan for Vermont's Working Landscape.
- The Washington Post, Seattle Times, Chicago Tribune and other media nationwide carried an Associated Press story on Sept. 29 quoting Professor Pat Parenteau on the Obama administration's efforts to extend new federal protections to a long list of imperiled animals and plants.
- Vermont Public Radio talked to Professor Michael Dworkin on Sept. 29 about the proposed merger of Central Vermont Public Service Corporation and GazMetro, the parent company of Green Mountain Power.
- The Washington Post spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on Sept. 28 about an EPA Office of Inspector General report that found the agency should have conducted a more detailed scientific review before determining that greenhouse-gas emissions pose a threat to public health and welfare.
- In his Sports Illustrated column on Sept. 27, Professor Michael McCann discussed the legal troubles of the New York Mets' owners.
- Forbes, CBS MoneyWatch, CNBC, Greenwire, Yahoo! News (U.S., Singapore, Malaysia), Burlington Free Press and other media carried an Associated Press story on Sept. 27 talking to professors Pat Parenteau and Don Kreis about the federal trial over the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- Sports Illustrated talked to Professor Michael McCann on Sept. 23 about the NBA's anti-drug policy.
- India New England reported Sept. 22 on a talk by Indian anti-nuclear activist Vaishali Patil sponsored by the International Law Society and Environmental Law Society.
- The Huffington Post carried a Sept. 21 op-ed by Professor Pat Parenteau in which he defended The New York Times' recent series about the risks of natural-gas drilling.
- VTDigger ran a Sept. 20 commentary from Professor Pat Parenteau analyzing the Vermont Yankee trial.
- Vermont Public Radio spoke with Professor Cheryl Hanna on Sept. 19 about the legal fight between Entergy and Vermont state officials over the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.