VLS in the News
Week of Oct. 10
October 17, 2011
- An Associated Press story about VLS's upcoming domestic violence prevention program ran Oct. 16 in the Washington Examiner, Providence Journal, FOX44 and other media.
- NBA Video, WNST Baltimore Sports and Toronto 590 discussed the NBA lockout with Professor Michael McCann on Oct. 13-14.
- Vermont Public Radio spoke with Professor Cheryl Hanna on Oct. 12 about Gov. Shumlin's plan to fill a vacancy on the Vermont Supreme Court.
- The Burlington Free Press had an op-ed Oct. 12 by Kevin Jones, VLS's smart grid project leader, who said Vermont's renewable energy policy is not reducing Vermont's carbon emissions and that state legislators should enact a renewable portfolio standard similar to what approximately 30 other states have in place.
- The Memphis Commercial Appeal talked to Professor Michael McCann on Oct. 12 about the potential fallout from a threatened lawsuit against the University of Memphis over the NCAA's vacating of its 2007-08 Final Four season.
- The Burlington Fress Press talked to Professor Cheryl Hanna about a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by the father of a homicide victim against the murder suspect's ex-wife.
- Free Speech Radio News spoke with Professor John Echeverria on Oct. 10 about the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline project.