VLS in the News
Week of June 13
June 28, 2011
- Platts spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on June 16 about the possibility of federal authorities intervening in the legal fight over the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- VTDigger.org ran a June 15 op-ed by Professor Cheryl Hanna about the federal lawsuit over the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- Popular Mechanics talked to Associate Professor Betsy Baker on June 14 about the international race to stake claims in the Arctic for economic development.
- The Burlington Free Press spoke with Professor Cheryl Hanna on June 14 about freedom of speech and a Vermont high school's censorship of its valedictorian's commencement speech.
- WCAX talked to Professor Cheryl Hanna on June 14 about the legacy of retiring Vermont Supreme Court Justice Denise Johnson.
- Adjunct Professor Jack Tuholske co-wrote an op-ed in the Missoulian (Mont.) on June 14 on a climate change lawsuit before the Montana Supreme Court.
- The New York Law Journal on June 14 favorably reviewed Associate Professor Betsy Schmidt's new casebook, "Nonprofit Law: The Life Cycle Of a Charitable Corporation."
- The Huffington Post ran an op-ed on June 13 about climate change co-authored by Roman Sidortsov '08, a Senior Global Energy Fellow. The Wall Street Journal linked to the op-ed.