VLS in the News
Week of Feb. 7
February 14, 2011
- Mark Cooper's op-ed column on the costs of federal loan guarantees for new nuclear plants ran in the Salem (Ore.) News on Feb. 12. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- In his latest Sports Illustrated column Feb. 11, Professor Michael McCann wrote about a judge's ruling in the upcoming perjury trial of home run king Barry Bonds.
- Vermont Business magazine reported Feb. 11 on Bill McKibben's upcoming talk about climate change at the seventh annual Williams Lecture at VLS.
- Sports Illustrated Video talked to Professor Michael McCann on Feb. 10 about the legal fallout from the Super Bowl seating controversy.
- The St. Paul Pioneer Press, Energy Central and other media reported Feb. 9 on Mark Cooper's perspective on the costs of new nuclear plants.
- Professor Cheryl Hanna talked with WCAX on Feb. 9 about efforts to toughen Vermont's drunk driving laws.
- Vermont Public Radio spoke with Professor Michael Dworkin on Feb. 9 about Vermont Yankee's position that the federal government has jurisdiction over the nuclear plant's re-licensing.
- An Associated Press advance on the Vermont Law Review's symposium on capital punishment was carried Feb. 8-11 by Vermont Public Radio, Burlington Free Press, ABC40 and 20 other media outlets.
- The National Law Journal, ABA Journal and Wall Street Journal reported Feb. 7-8 on a student's lawsuit against VLS.
- The Associated Press reported Feb. 7 on Susan Donegan's '86 appointment as deputy commissioner of Vermont's Department of Banking, Insurance, Securities and Health Care Administration. The story was picked up by WPTZ, the Boston Globe, Vermont Public Radio, Burlington Free Press, FOX44, WCAX and more than a dozen other media outlets.