VLS in the News
Week of Feb. 27
March 5, 2012
- Orion Magazine had an article in its March/April issue by Professor Gus Speth titled "America the Possible: A Manifesto, From decline to rebirth." It was the first of a two-part series based on his forthcoming book "America the Possible: Roadmap to a New Economy," which Yale University Press will publish in September. Wisconsin Public Radio also talked to Speth about his research.
- The Boston Globe on March 4 reviewed Associate Professor Brian Porto's new book titled ""The Supreme Court and the NCAA: The Case for Less Commercialism and More Due Process in College Sports."
- In his Sports Illustrated column March 3, which was mentioned twice by The New York Times (here and here), Professor Michael McCann analyzed the potential legal fall out from the New Orleans Saints' bounty system. He also spoke to Atlanta 790 The Zone and SiriusXM NFL Network.
- ESPN TrueHoop spoke with Professor Michael McCann on March 3 about "building the modern athlete," including genetic testing, performance-enhancing drugs, sleep, and brain-training programs.
- The New York Daily News talked to Professor Michael McCann on March 2 about legal accusations that a major video game company is exploiting college and professional athletes.
- ESPN NBA Today interviewed Professor Michael McCann on March 2 about the legality and race implications of the NBA's age limit.
- CCTV Center for Media & Democracy's Channel 17/Town Meeting Television spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on Feb. 29 about the legal dispute over the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant.
- Yahoo! Sports talked to Professor Michael McCann about lawsuits filed by former NFL players that accuse the league of failing to protect them from brain trauma.
- ClimateWire spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau for a Feb. 28 story about TransCanada's plans to build a southern segment of the contentious Keystone XL pipeline.
- The Associated Press, whose story was carried by CNBC, Yahoo! Finance and other media, Vermont Public Radio and WAMC Northeast Public Radio spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on Feb. 27-29 about Entergy's appeal of a federal court decision in the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant legal fight.