VLS in the News
Week of April 18
April 25, 2011
- The New York Times quoted Professor Pat Parenteau on April 24 about the avalanche of lawsuits and petitions facing the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service from environmental groups to add new animals and plants to the endangered species list.
- WPTZ talked to Professor Cheryl Hanna on April 24 about a long-running custody dispute between former lesbian partners.
- WCAX covered VLS students going door to door on April 23 to promote energy efficiency and distribute free compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- WCAX spoke with Professor Cheryl Hanna on April 21 about child pornography laws and prosecutions.
- In his Sports Illustrated column on April 21, Professor Michael McCann wrote about the legal fight over operations of the Los Angeles Dodgers. The column was praised by the Los Angeles Times.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education talked to Professor Michael McCann on April 20 about whether the NCAA's use of former athletes' images and likenesses infringes upon their rights.
- The National Journal talked to Professor Pat Parenteau on April 20 about the stalled efforts to update the nation's major environmental laws and policies.
- The New York Times spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau about the escalating battle over the endangered species list on April 19.
- Bloomberg News talked to Professor Pat Parenteau on April 19 about American Electric Power v. Connecticut, a case before the U.S. Supreme Court in which coal-fired utilities are being sued for contributing to climate change.
- Weekly Gendai (Japan) spoke with Adjunct Professor Peter Bradford on April 19 about Japan's nuclear crisis.
- Platts Nuclear Publications spoke with Professor Pat Parenteau on April 19 about Entergy suing Vermont in an effort to prevent the state from shutting down the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant in 2012.
- Carl Ponce '97, the Reagan-Fascell Fellow at the National Endowment for Democracy and General Coordinator of the Latin American and Caribbean Network for Democracy, discussed "South-South diplomacy" in an op-ed in the Latin American Herald Tribune on April 19.
- Dow Jones Newswires, (whose story ran in The Wall Street Journal, SmartMoney and other news outlets), Christian Science Monitor, Boston Globe, Vermont Public Radio, WAMU, Burlington Free Press, Rutland Herald and Montpelier Times Argus spoke with Professor Michael Dworkin on April 18-19 about Entergy's lawsuit to try to keep the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant open.
- Vermont Public Radio talked to Professor Pat Parenteau on April 18 about Entergy's legal bid to prevent Vermont from closing Vermont Yankee in 2012.
- vtdigger.org talked to Tom Emero '90 on April 18 about his company's proposal for a biomass power plant in Vermont.