VLS in the News
- Professor Cheryl Hanna discussed the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on corporate spending on political campaign ads on the Mark Johnson Show on WDEV Radio Vermont on Jan. 25.
- ABC News 22 aired a story Jan. 22 on VLS alumnus Wynona Ward being selected as the first "CNN Hero" of 2010 for her continuing efforts to protect Vermont women and children from domestic violence.
- The Rutland Herald ran a news brief Jan. 23 on Howard Dean being announced as the 2010 commencement speaker at Vermont Law School.
- Professor Cheryl Hanna talked to ABC News 22, Fox News 44 and WPTZ on Jan. 22 about a bill before the Vermont Legislature that would would allow some DUI offenders to get behind the wheel legallyand safely if an interlock device is installed.
- Professor Peter Teachout and VLS alumnus Erik FitzPatrick were included in the Vermont Bar Association's VBA Blawg on Jan. 20. They discussed whether the legislature's removal of the "adjudicative function" of side judges would violate the Vermont Constitution.
- Dean Jeff Shields was included in a Vermont Business Magazine article about the Vermont Business Roundtable on Jan. 20.
- The Valley News reported Jan. 20 on Vermont Law School's Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration.
- The Times Argus included Vermont Law School's Martin Luther King, Jr., Day program in its Jan. 19 coverage of the national holiday for the slain civil rights leader.
- Mark Cooper's research on the future of the nuclear power industry was cited in The Tennessean and WBIR-TV in Knoxville on Jan. 18. Cooper is the Institute for Energy and the Environment's senior fellow for economic analysis.
- Professor Pat Parenteau talked to The Charleston Gazette Jan. 18 about record penalties against Massey Energy Co. for federal Clean Water Act violations in West Virginia and Kentucky coalfields.
- The Valley News reported Jan. 17 on Vermont Law School's plan to move the South Royalton Legal Clinic to the old Freck's Department Store.
- Professor Michael McCann discussed the potential fallout in the knee-surgery dispute between the New York Mets and centerfielder Carlos Beltran in his SI.com column Jan. 16.
- In his SI.com columns Jan. 14 and Jan. 15 and in The Washington Post on Jan. 15, Professor Michael McCann discussed the federal gun charge facing NBA player Gilbert Arenas.
- Professor Michael McCann discussed the American Needle NFL anti-trust case, which could be the most important sports law case in U.S. history, in his SI.com column and in The Wall Street Journal's Law Blog, The Washington Times and the German newspaper Handelsblatt on Jan. 12 and Jan. 13.
- The Rutland Herald did a preview story Jan. 12 on Vermont Law School's upcoming Martin Luther King, Jr., Day program's featured speaker, James Perkins, Jr., who was the first black mayor of Selma, Ala.
- In his Jan. 12 column for SI.com, Professor Michael McCann discussed the legal fallout for former major league baseball player Mark McGwire, who confessed to using steroids. McCann also discussed steroid allegations against other big-name major leaguers in his Jan. 15 SI.com column.