VLS in the News
- Professor Joan Vogel was interviewed by Vermont Public Radio's Ross Sneyd for a story on a labor-management dispute at VTel that has wound up in the courts. Audio and a text transcript can be found at vpr.net.
- Professor Gregory Johnson was interviewed by Dan Barlow of the Vermont Press Bureau regarding a meeting of the Vermont Commission on Family Recognition and Protection, which was held on Oct. 29 at VLS. Read about it at timesargus.com.
- Reporters from the Associated Press and the Valley News covered a discussion on Guantanamo Military Commissions, which featured Maj. Thomas Fleener, US Army JAG who represented detainees in his affiliation with the Office of Military Commissions - Defense. Fleener was invited to campus by Robert Rachlin, Distinguished Lecturer and VLS Trustee, who introduced Fleener and took part in Q&A. The AP story was picked up by the Burlington Free Press, the Times Argus and other Vermont newspapers, and carried online at the Boston Globe's website. Read the article at boston.com or at timesargus.com. (The Valley News article is not available online, but copies can be obtained by calling the Communications Office at x1106).
- Author and VLS environmental law media fellow Mark Schapiro was the featured guest on Vermont Public Radio's Morning Edition segment, discussing his book, Exposed: The Toxic Chemistry of Everyday Products and What's At Stake for American Power. The program also promoted his appearance at VLS later that day. Listen to the report on vpr.net.
- VLS Professor Cheryl Hanna was quoted in a Burlington Free Press story, "Supreme Road Trip: High Court Brings Proceedings to the People." The story also noted the Supreme Court's annual visit to VLS. You can find it at burlingtonfreepress.com.
- Vermont newspapers also reported on the death of Charles Allan Bristow, a former VLS professor who passed away on October 16. Bristow's long career in public service was detailed in a story that appeared in the Barre-Montpelier Times Argus and the Rutland Herald. Read the article at rutlandherald.com.