VLS in the News
Month of August
September 10, 2012
- WCAX talked to Professor Cheryl Hanna on Aug. 29 about the outcome of Vermont's Democratic primary race for attorney general.
- Vermont Public Radio and the Burlington Free Press spoke with Assistant Professor Don Kreis and Professor Michael Dworkin, respectively, on Aug. 27 and Aug. 29 about the merger between Vermont's two biggest utilities, Green Mountain Power and Central Vermont Public Service Corp.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette talked to Professor Brian Porto on Aug. 26 about television's financial impact on college football and basketball.
- CNN International and Reuters, whose story was picked up by media worldwide, spoke with Professor Michael McCann on Aug. 24 about the United States Anti-Doping Agency's decision to strip cyclist Lance Armstrong of his record seven Tour de France victories.
- WCAX talked to Professor Cheryl Hanna on Aug. 23 and Aug. 30 about new DNA evidence that won a convicted killer a new trial.
- The Associated Press, whose story was carried by news outlets nationwide, spoke to Professor Michael Dworkin on Aug. 21 and Aug. 23 about confusion over Marcellus Shale production data that Chesapeake Energy Corp. said it submitted to a natural gas database in Pennsylvania.
- The Washington Blade spoke to Jonah Richmond '14 on Aug. 23 about U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder's keynote speech at the LGBT Bar Association's annual Lavender Law Conference.
- China Daily USA included the U.S.-China Partnership for Environmental Law at VLS in an Aug. 17 report on China-related activities in the United States.
- In a Vermont Public Radio commentary on Aug. 14, Assistant Professor Don Kreis discussed Vermont's local boards of civil authority and property tax appeals.
- Next American City's Forefront spoke with Professor John Echeverria on Aug. 12 about cities' search for new ways to pay for ever-rising infrastructure costs.
- Greenwire talked to Adjunct Professor Peter Bradford on Aug. 10 about the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's decision to freeze nuclear plant licensing decisions while tackling the nation's nuclear waste storage problems.
- The Valley News on Aug. 6 profiled new Dean Marc Mihaly and reported on the South Royalton Legal Clinic's partnership with the Upper Valley Haven to provide free legal services to the needy. The partnership is funded by a donation from the Fiertz family in honor of Beverly Fowle Fiertz '86.
- The Tampa Bay Times spoke with Mark Cooper on Aug. 5 about $200 million in upgrades planned at the idle Crystal River nuclear power plant in Florida. Cooper is senior research fellow for economic analysis at the Institute for Energy and the Environment.
- In his Aug. 3 column in Sports Illustrated/SI.com, Professor Michael McCann discussed the fight over jurisdiction in cyclist Lance Armstrong's doping case.
- The Associated Press, whose story was carried by CBS News, the Huffington Post, Yahoo! News and other media nationwide, talked to Professor Michael McCann on Aug. 3 about the plans of Joe Paterno's family to appeal the NCAA's sanctions against Penn State for the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal.
- Seven Days spoke with Professor Cheryl Hanna on Aug. 1 and Aug. 8 about Vermont's Democratic primary race for attorney general.