Technology of Law Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to 3 – 6 students each year with experience or education in the areas of technology, engineering, mathematics or related sciences and who have high academic achievement or a proven entrepreneurial track record.
These scholars will work with the Center for Legal Innovation, a cutting-edge program at Vermont Law School where innovation and entrepreneurial energy redefine legal education, the practice of law, and law itself.
We have established a free space in which to re-envision what law can be, untethered from a fixation on what law now is. Vermont Law School intends to train the next generation of legal entrepreneurs through our Technology of Law Scholars Program.
Scholars will receive a partial to full tuition scholarship, a stipend to attend the annual Law and Technology Conference in New York City, and career and mentoring support, including:
- Dinner at the home of Center for Legal Innovation faculty or other social networking events each semester.
- The opportunity to meet and network with leaders in the field when they visit or speak at Vermont Law School.
- Unique opportunities to participate directly in research projects, strategic development and implementation of legal technology projects.
- The opportunity to connect with a mentor in the field of legal technology. Our network features legal academics, technology and legal leaders all focused on the area of legal technology.
- The opportunity to work directly the faculty to assist them with their career goals in this generative dynamic environment.
Scholars are required to remain in good academic standing.
The Technology of Law Scholarship is available only to traditional and extended JD applicants.
Application and Selection Process:
In addition to the JD application, Technology of Law Scholars must:
1) Submit an additional letter of recommendation that addresses the applicant’s interest and background in technology, science, or entrepreneurship.
2) Submit a short essay not to exceed 800 words, discussing the following:
3) Complete your entire application for law school and the scholarship by March 1, 2014. We will notify those selected for interviews by March 15, 2014. Interviews will be conducted the week of April 1, 2014 via Skype or in person. Scholarship offers will be made by April 15, 2014.