Global Justice Scholars Program
This scholarship is for students who have a demonstrated commitment to global justice; high academic achievement; and are interested in pursuing careers in international human rights, international humanitarian law, or related fields.
- As a Global Justice Scholar you will have unique opportunities to meet in person and via Skype with international human rights activists doing cutting-edge work across the globe.
- Global Justice Scholars are hosted for dinner at the home of international law faculty at Vermont Law School.
- Global Justice Scholars have the opportunity every year to meet at the law school with members of our International Advisory Board. Each year this renowned group of international judges, diplomats and practicing attorneys looks forward to speaking with our student scholars about career options and opportunities.
- Our Global Justice Scholars have the opportunity to meet and network with guest speakers, in a small group setting.
- Our Global Justice scholars are eligible for a stipend to support their work on global justice during their law school career.
Scholars are required to remain in good academic standing.
The Global Justice Scholarship is available only to traditional and extended JD applicants.
Application and Selection Process:
In addition to the JD application, Global Justice Scholars must:
1) Submit an additional letter of recommendation that addresses the applicant’s commitment to international human rights or other areas of global justice;
2) Submit a short advocacy essay not to exceed 800 words. Discuss your commitment and goals for using a law degree in advocating for global justice, the experiences that have most significantly influenced your goals, or any other points relevant to your qualification for the scholarship.
3) Complete your entire application for law school and the scholarship by March 1, 2014. We will notify those selected for interviews by March 15, 2014. Interviews will be conducted the week of April 1, 2014 via Skype or in person. Scholarship offers will be made by April 15, 2014.